Friday, October 3, 2008

Good Riddance, September!

Beware: I needed to vent!


I thought I was never going to make it out of September alive! It was honestly one of the busiest months I've had in a loooong time. Getting back into the routine of school, with Kendall in preschool and a new carpool schedule. Working more because I started a third survey for the Census Bureau (what, you didn't even know I had an actual J-O-B?), I worked about 60 hours in September and put 800 miles on my car just for work (that's about double my usual work schedule)! Even though it was nice to make the extra money, we spent a good chunk of it eating out because we were so busy. Yuck. I'm sick of fast food. Busy as ever with my calling of Enrichment Counselor, as we had our quarterly enrichment meeting and I made most of the food for the dinner, on top of teaching the first Sunday lesson as well. We also had doctor and dentist appointments all around, I reviewed a book for the school's library committee and I'm working on another one, threw out my back for a few days at the end of the month, got most of my visiting teaching done, shopped for a lot of Coupon Sense deals (I have toiletries and granola bars and Powerade galore!), did some serious reorganization in my house (kinda unfinished though), went on a Dysart bus tour (and got my picture in the paper), almost switched my kids' school, chauffered Hannah to her ever increasing activities/lessons, and just tried to keep up with the normal housework, homework, etc. Thankfully Joey helped out with a lot of that stuff, but I felt like I headed out the door almost every night after he got home and we hardly saw each other. I'm craving a family vacation or a weekend without the kids (guiltily though, because I feel like I haven't seen them enough lately). And I'm going to be just as busy with work at least through December, so I don't even know how I could possibly get away for the weekend! The good news is that I'm mostly done Christmas shopping, so the fact that the holidays are coming doesn't stress me out so much this year. And by the way, September was hot! So I'm just glad to be in a new month and looking forward to cooler weather and fun holidays.


This week Noah had to do his first book report (which he received 100% on, good job!). I sat with him while he did the writing portion of it, and then I had him start drawing the picture while I got some things done around the house. When I came back to check on his finished product, I couldn't help but laugh. See if you can figure out why:



Do you see something out of place there?

In case you couldn't figure it out, check out the "Parent Signature" line. He's hopefully not heading into a career of forgery. It gave me a good laugh though.

How was your September?

8 comments:

Lori said...

When ever we have months or weeks, and sometimes even days like that. I get like system overload. I start to shut down,and just want to stay home.

Tanner Fam said...

WHAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!
Sorry, I had to wipe my eyes from feeling sorry for you.

You know the highlight was riding the bus with me.

Mason clan 5 said...

I hate when you get that busy. I feel that way just trying to keep up with coupon sense. I don't know how people do it. I quess I am just not organized enough.

Lori said...

At first I thought since your so busy you might not be able to answer my tag! Then I thought with all the commenting you do you just might find the time;)

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

First...Thanks for updating your blog.

Second...I had to laugh a bit when I read it. I remember those days, and now my life only consists with being with my kids and taking an hour break when I go to the gym.

It's funny to hear me say that I'm excited for those busier days...ok not like your super busy days. :)

We are heading out tomorrow morning. Yeah! We are all very excited.

We miss you guys a lot!

Hunnie said...

I just want to know, how close was Noah to getting that signature right?!

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

Saw your photo in the paper, and after reading your post,I now pronounce you SUPER WOMAN!

Adam and Anya said...

Wow, I think reading that just took 6 months off my life expectancy. You are busy girl!! You REALLY deserve a vacation.

Nice job with the Christmas shopping ...way to go!!