Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Spelling Bee Update



So on March 29th, Hannah competed in the AZ State Spelling Bee at ASU. Because of the crazy month we've had, I hardly had any time to help her study, so I was not getting my hopes up too much for her. Of course, she surprised me and won 5th place with hardly any studying! The top five winners all received trophies, and she also won a savings bond and an Amazon.com gift card. I'll update later with the words she spelled, I don't have it in front of me. I know that the word she missed was tatami, she spelled it tatimi. She says she knew the correct spelling and even in her mind thought she spelled it correctly. We're so happy that she's done so well in the spelling bees this year. Great job Hannah! (The photo is right before the spelling bee, do you think she was nervous?)

I promise that my next posts will be about Noah and Kendall. Poor things, they've been very neglected on this blog!


By the way, Hannah was mentioned in the Surprise Today, a local newspaper, and also online in this article:
http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/mailstory-clickthru/232029.php

The spelling bee will air on PBS locally on Sunday, April 13th at 5 pm and also on Wednesday, April 16th at 11 pm. Check it out!

8 comments:

Joey and Megan said...

Don't click on that spam up there. Can someone tell me how to remove that?

Jess said...

Megan- there will be a little trash can at the bottom of the comment when you are signed in. Just click that, and then it will ask if you want to delete it.
Congrats Hannah on the spelling bee!! I saw her in one of the commercials on PBS!
PS I do think Noah and Kendall have been neglected! :)

Lori said...

Congratulations Hannah!!!! What a smrt girl (I'm just kidding I know it's spelled smart:)

Rachel and Gavin said...

Yeah! Go Hannah, that must make you so proud as a parent. I wonder how my little one is gonna turn out. haha j/k :)

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

Hey got your message! Looks like you guys are doing good. Thats pretty awesome about the spelling bee. Howz AZ? You still the secretary?
Hope all is well!
Laters.
Kelli

Shel said...

CONGRATS TO HANNAH! I am sooooo tuning in to PBS later....I bet she will spell tatami correct tonight! :) She is adorable...all 3 of them are beautiful and soo ogrown up...I think we can arrange a marriage (or 2)! (Loved your comment be the way!)
Sooo glad your dad is doing better. What a scary thing. :(
PS...be sure your blog is closed so that no one can search you from the Internet....then you shouldn't get SPAM...hopefully.

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

Hey MEG! :)

I missed it tonight. I can't believe it! Are you excited for Tuesday!!!!

Tonya

shananchuck said...

Oh WTG Hannah!! I wish I could've seen it. Megan~ Your kids are getting so big. I can't believe how much they have changed. Very cute pics!!