Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Sweet Boy


Noah has big news: a loose tooth. He has been waiting . . . and waiting . . . and waiting to have a loose tooth ever since he started kindergarten and saw other kids losing teeth. He noticed it was loose on Saturday, and by Sunday morning he wanted it pulled out with pliers (his friend Robbie's preferred method). We explained that it has to be much looser first, or it would hurt. So he will wiggle and wait.

A funny conversation we had on Saturday.
Background: The kids have been playing with a silver "rope" type chain necklace they found in my room, it was actually a gag gift. Noah put it on Saturday just before leaving for the aforementioned birthday party.
Me: Take that necklace off, you're not wearing it to the party.
Noah: Awww, I like it mom.
Me: It makes you look like a gangster.
Noah: I am a gangster.
Me (trying not to laugh): Do you know what a gangster is?
Noah: Someone who plays jokes on people.
Me: No, that's a jokester.
Noah: Then what's a gangster?
Me: A person who does bad things, even kills people sometimes. (That was the best I could come up with).
Noah: Oh, okay. (Takes off necklace).
Now I just hope that he doesn't see someone with a necklace like that and call them a gangster. It's so hard sometimes to teach your kids about the bad things in the world without giving them too much information.

7 comments:

Jess said...

Haha! That Noah is hilarious!!!

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing. Your story made me smile. What a cute little boy.

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

I'm glad that Robbie is famous in your blog. Be brave and use pliers. It's great for pictures!

PS.. I have turned my head and covered my ears both times. :)

melcollette said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! I know I'm 2 days late but your big 3-0 landed on tax day- No excuse, I know. I will call you soon. Where are your birthday candles, etc???? I hope you are doing well and this pic of Noah is adorable!

shananchuck said...

Oh my little Noah is not so little anymore. I still remember his cute little self with no teeth...now he is getting ready to loose his first tooth WOW!!

Amy J said...

I look forward to these conversations with my daughter :) And by the way, you have VERY cute background!

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

Hey, you got in the paraghraph break! yeah! (I might have spelled the P word wrong.....Oh well...)