Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Latest

My dad is doing really well. He ended up having a quadruple bypass, but everything went as expected. Within an hour after surgery he was awake and cracking us up trying to do some kind of sign language to tell us what he wanted. Within a few hours, he was able to get the breathing tube out and he hasn't stopped talking since. He is, of course, entertaining all the hospital personnel and the nurses were threatening to cut off the visitors yesterday because he had so many people going in and out. We're hoping to get him out of ICU and into a regular room today.

Personally, I want to thank all of my friends who offered help, phone calls, etc. My cell phone battery was almost dead by Tuesday night because I had so many phone calls checking on my family, offering meals and babysitting and moral support. Every time I would be on a call, my call waiting would beep, and then I'd get a text message. I could hardly keep up with it all! It is nice to be reminded of how much you're loved.

On a lighter note, I have a new obsession. I've always been a shopping addict, but these days I'm doing things a little bit differently. I'm so excited about it. Can you guess how much I paid for all of this?


Let me give you an idea of what is there: 12 boxes of Fruit Roll-ups, 8 boxes of Nature Valley Peanut bars, 6 bottles of Herbal Essences shampoo (okay, there are seven in the picture, but I accidentally put one in that shouldn't be there), 6 pounds of chicken drumsticks, 2 big bags of M & Ms, 2 boxes of Mama Bella garlic bread, a 24-pack of water, Garnier moisturizer, Yes to Carrots body butter, a tube of Colgate, 12 bars of Zest soap, 4 bars of Ivory soap, 4 bars of Safeguard soap, and a Venus Embrace razor.

Come on, take a guess in the comments section. I'll post the answer once a few people have guessed.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

First, Let me add my name to the list of people willing to help with anything and as your visiting teacher I should be closer to the top of that list so call me!
I'm going to guess...$12.00

The Booher's said...

Hey Im glad that your dad is doing well! And I know how much you paid for all of that because I do couponsense too, I wont post my answer. I love couponsense!
And I get comments all the time about how much Chloe and Kendall look alike! I think they are both beautiful!

RandiSue said...

$20.00 ???

melcollette said...

You took a picture of your groceries? You are too funny. What is coupon sense- if you are like me you paid a lot less then most. I am dying to know the answer...

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your dad is doing well. I am guessing $ 13.65. I used to to this awhile back, so it's been awhile.

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

Glad your dad is ok, I know a lot of people who feel so much better even in the recovery stages after heart surgery than before! ok, $32.50????

Unknown said...

Megan!! We had no idea your dad was having surgery! We are SO happy to hear all is well!!!!!

Please give him our best!!

Okay, what is couponsense and how do I grab onto this golden ring??? :)

Love you!