Saturday, September 13, 2008

I Waited 30 Years . . .

. . . to finally have a sister. I have two older brothers, and always begged my mom for a little sister. When I was 11 my hope was renewed, but I got a baby brother instead.

I actually cried on the way to the hospital, until my cousin Jennie who was driving me to the hospital said, "It's okay, we can still put him in dresses." Of course once I saw him I loved him and didn't mind that he was a boy.

But since my brother graduated from high school this year, my parents weren't quite ready for an empty nest, so they decided to adopt.

Her name is Winnie, and we got to babysit her over Labor Day weekend so that my parents could go out of town. And after all, they deserved a break because having a newborn is hard work.
She's a Maltese/Yorkie mix (Morkie, according to Jessica). It was fun, and a lot of work, having her for the weekend. Noah and Kendall are a little scared of dogs in general so it was good for them. I can safely say that Kendall has overcome her fear of "Winnifer" (as she sometimes calls her), but the jury is still out on Noah. In his defense, Winnie can be very rowdy, barks a lot, and she does bite sometimes.

So I guess I have a little sister now, although I think that she bears a stronger resemblance to my three brothers.

7 comments:

RandiSue said...

I had heard about your new sister but OH MY GOODNESS that is the cutest dog I have ever seen. Dolly will have to enter a plea of no contest.

Adam and Anya said...

What a cute dog! I makes me miss my own! I loved this post!!

Unknown said...

She is so cute! She looks like a stuffed animal! If you're ever watching her again, take her for a walk over to my house.

melcollette said...

Winnie is so precious! I agree- she does have a striking resemblance to your 3 brothers! LOVE it!

Tanner Fam said...

The picture of her and the kids is SO cute. She is do dang cute...she actually looks fake. Yep, time for you to adopt!

~Cari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel and Gavin said...

You are so funny. What a cute little dog. Poor Breilyn, she loves dogs but will probably NEVER get one. Oh well. :)