Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Heart Day!


This is the Valentine that I helped Hannah create on the computer. We had them printed 4x6 through Winkflash and she is passing them out at school. I think they turned out pretty cute. To explain the elephant, they are her current obsession and she had to have one on there. I told her it looks like a subliminal message of "Vote Republican" and she thought that was pretty funny. I'm just glad she is over the cow obsession so that she'll eat beef again.
So, I think Valentine's Day is pretty much a Hallmark/florist holiday. We don't really celebrate it much as a couple, probably because his birthday, our anniversary, and my birthday all fall within about two months of each other, so who needs another holiday in there to buy something else?! And the cost of flowers is just ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, there were times in the past that I would have been offended if I didn't get a present and a night out, but it's just not that big of a deal. Not that I'd be mad if I did get something now, but I just don't really care all that much. What do you think? Is it a big deal for any of you to celebrate Valentines Day? Do you have any fun traditions or stories?

6 comments:

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

Cute card and Congrats to Hannah! I like to get together with the fam. We've had valentine parties in the past, I know one huge reason we like to give parties is so we can dance to what we want. I think valentines day is a lot of pressure, I think it should be more love everyone day, then if you feel really lovey/dovey fine. You are soooo good at the digital pages girl!!!!

Brandy said...

Cute blog! I do love the love that seems to be shared on Vday but, I think it is to commercialized! It should be about service and just being extra nice and snuggly! Cute cards! You guys did a great job! Which PS do you have? Have you taken any digi classes with PS?

Joey and Megan said...

Hey Brandy, I'm using PSE 5 and so far I'm just teaching myself and reading some tutorials online. One day I will take a class, when I have time.

Brandy said...

You have been tagged! See my blog for instrucions! Can't wait!
Brandy

Brandy said...

You have been tagged! See my blog for instrucions! Can't wait!
Brandy

Brandy said...

You have been tagged! See my blog for instrucions! Can't wait!
Brandy