Friday, May 8, 2009

Still Alive

It's been so long since I've updated that some of you might have presumed this blog was dead forever. But alas, it lives again! I have been super busy and there is no end in sight to that.

I do not claim to be a great photographer, but I have been enjoying the new camera Joey bought me for my birthday. Our old camera was purchased in 2003 and only had 2.0 megapixels--about the quality of a cell phone camera. It was definitely time for something new.

Here's what we've been up to:

Hannah took 4th place in the Arizona State Spelling Bee. We are so proud of her. (old camera)


Kendall looks so grown up with her new haircut. She's all registered for kindergarten and I am only having slight anxiety (mixed with choruses of "Hallelujah") about all three of my kids being in school. (old camera)

We recently had a great time celebrating the 25th anniversary of our old grade school (and our kids' current one). Joey and I were in the first kindergarten class the year the school opened. We saw lots of old friends and the memories were fun. Here we are with our 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Huskison. She was the best teacher ever. I was so flattered when she looked me up in the phone book the next day because she wanted to chat some more and didn't feel like she was able to talk with me enough that night.

We enjoyed a brief visit with my brother Nathan recently. Here is much of the family after attending a memorial service for a dear friend. Noah is missing from the picture; he was at a birthday party that night.

Hannah and Noah were honored at the school's Honor Roll Night last week. This was the first year that Noah was eligible, hewasexcitedto get his first trophy that he actually slept with it that night. They have both done really well this school year, although it's been a challenge to keep up with two kids and all their assignments. I don't know how people with lots of kids do it!

Here's a picture of Hannah after her first piano recital. She has been taking lessons since September and she's doing so well. I love hearing piano music in the house all the time. (And I do mean ALL the time, she is constantly playing). I'm glad she's loving it, it will be a great skill. I quit after about three piano lessons when I was about six years old.

I was able to chaperone Noah's field trip to the Desert Botanical Gardens this week. It was a hot day but we had a good time. They have these amazing glass sculptures on display.







They also had a fun butterfly exhibit.


I'm also excited to say that I've lost 25 pounds in the past ten weeks! I'm doing Weight Watchers and I really love the program. It's so easy to follow and I have made a lot of changes in my habits that will hopefully be lifestyle changes. I'm even exercising. I am feeling good and excited to lose even more, especially since I don't really think it's that noticeable yet. It will be awhile before I am done but I am off to a great start.

Hopefully we will update more frequently since we have some fun adventures coming up.

4 comments:

Lori said...

I'm glad you are still alive. I was really begining to wonder. We saw a rerun of the spelling be and saw Hannah spell about 4 words. We were very proud to say we know her. Congratulations on the weight loss! Keep it up. Look forward to more updates soon;)

Unknown said...

Good Job, Megan! 25 lbs is such a huge accomplishment! Call me if you ever need an exercise partner. I've been trying to exercise more.

Tanner Fam said...

Darn it, I thought I was rid of you.

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

Yeah! I will look forward to seeing your New York pictures.

Ok...Kendall's hair is too cute and Hannah is looking so grown up. Cute hair too.

Miss the Fechter Family!