Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A List

Since I haven't had much to blog about lately, and I left my camera at my brother's house so I don't have any current pictures from Christmas, etc. to post, I copied this from Callie's blog. You copy and paste and then put in bold the items that you have done before. With sarcastic comments, of course.

Started your own blog (you're reading this aren't you?)
Slept under the stars (girl's camp)
Played in a band
Visited Hawaii
Watched a meteor shower
Given more than you can afford to charity (does tithing count?)
Been to Disneyland
Climbed a mountain (not a big one though)
Held a praying mantis
Sang a solo (I sing solo all the time, but actually solo, as in no one else is listening)
Bungee jumped
Visited Paris
Watched a lightning storm at sea
Taught yourself an art from scratch
Adopted a child
Had food poisoning (most likely)
Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty-I have seen it from a distance though
Grown your own vegetables
Seen the Mona Lisa in France
Slept on a train (I did recently ride on the light rail though)
Had a pillow fight
Hitch hiked (just for fun though, I wouldn't have really gotten in the car)
Taken a sick day when you’re not ill (of course!)
Built a snow fort
Held a lamb
Gone skinny dipping (don't ask)
Run a Marathon-how about walk a 5K? does that count?
Ridden in a gondola in Venice
Seen a total eclipse-I think I might have when I was little but I'm not sure
Watched a sunrise or sunset
Hit a home run (I used to pick weeds in the outfield when I played t-ball)
Been on a cruise (I wish)
Seen Niagara Falls in person
Visited the birthplace of your ancestors (if Kentucky counts)
Seen an Amish community
Taught yourself a new language (taught myself some sign language when my kids were babies)
Had enough money to be truly satisfied (not currently, but in the past)
Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
Gone rock climbing
Seen Michelangelo’s David
Sung karaoke
Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
Visited Africa
Walked on a beach by moonlight
Been transported in an ambulance
Had your portrait painted (maybe by my kids??)
Gone deep sea fishing
Gone without food or water for 24 hours or longer (I used to go long periods without eating in high school, but I'm not sure about 24 hours)
Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
Kissed in the rain
Played in the mud
Gone to a drive-in theater
Been in a movie (home movies?)
Visited the Great Wall of China (are you talking about the real one or the restaurant with the same name that was by our house growing up?)
Started a business (the joys of home day care)
Taken a martial arts class
Stayed up for 24 hours with NO sleep at all (aahhh, college)
Served at a soup kitchen
Sold Girl Scout Cookies-I've bought my share though
Gone whale watching
Got flowers for no reason
Donated blood, platelets or plasma
Gone sky diving
Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp (are the Nazis still keeping people in concentration camps?)
Bounced a check
Flown in a helicopter
Saved a favorite childhood toy
Visited the Lincoln Memorial
Eaten Caviar
Pieced a quilt
Stood in Times Square
Toured the Everglades
Been fired from a job
Changed a lightbulb
Broken a bone
Been on a speeding motorcycle (high school boyfriend with a motorcycle!)
Seen the Grand Canyon in person
Published a book (Shutterfly)
Visited the Vatican (no, but I've visited Temple Square, the LDS equivalent of the Vatican, and I've been to the National Cathedral and the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception and St. Patricks in NYC)
Bought a brand new car
Mowed the lawn (just a few weeks ago for the first time ever)
Had your picture in the newspaper
Read the entire Bible (that Old Testament scares me a little)
Visited the White House (didn't go inside though)
Killed and prepared an animal for eating
Had chickenpox
Saved someone’s life (my friend Lisa from grade school swears that I saved her life in the pool once)
Sat on a jury (I've been to jury duty one time though)
Met someone famous
Joined a book club
Lost a loved one
Had a baby
Seen the Alamo in person
Swam in the Great Salt Lake (why would you want to?)
Been involved in a law suit (why do you think I'm so rich?)
Owned a cell phone
Been stung by a bee

Copy and paste on your blog, if you want to!
By the way, I got my haircut today. It's fabulous. I'd post a picture but I don't have my camera.

3 comments:

Callie Thurell said...

YES!!! Megan reads my blog!

What newspaper has your pic been in???

Joey and Megan said...

Callie, my photo was very recently in the Surprise Today newspaper, I went on a bus tour that the Dysart District did and sure enough they put my picture in the paper. It was pretty funny.

Tanner Fam said...

YOU bounced a check? That one did NOT surprise me.