Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Baby Daddy

(playing Wii at a work party)

I must say that I didn't do enough to make Father's Day special for my man, so I thought I'd give him a little shout out here on the blog. We were out of most breakfast foods this morning so he had a breakfast of leftover pizza, and then we went to my parent's house for dinner where he had to grill the steaks. So there wasn't much pampering going on for him, it was more like a normal day. We did get him a gift card to Cabela's because that is now his favorite place to take the kids when I am out working. (And because he wanted a scope for his rifle, but when I asked the kids if that's what we should get him, Kendall said, "No, he might shoot us with bullets." I'm still laughing about that one.)

Joey's a pretty quiet guy most of the time, so I don't think a lot of people know his true personality. He is super duper smart. And I like to think that I'm smart, but he is constantly surprising me with how many things he knows about. We have fun together for sure, but we also really enjoy just having some quiet hanging out on the couch time. He loves to get hyper with the kids and play rough, which they don't really get from me so they definitely have fun with dad. He has also never been afraid to change a diaper, scrub the shower, or cook a meal. (In fact, he probably does all of those things better than I do! I thank my mother in law for that.)

So Happy Father's Day, I love ya.

And even though my dad has never looked at my blog, although I wrote down the address for him today, I'm sooooo grateful he's still with us this Father's Day. Having gone through so many surgeries the last few months and so many close calls really makes a girl appreciate her dad even more. Thankfully he's doing really well now!

7 comments:

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

I like getting to know all of you from your blog. I've always thought that guy was kind of smart too!!!!!!

Tanner Fam said...

First, love the picture. Maybe next year you could develop a Joey action figure. Based on Kendall's response with the gun, you may want to reassess how good of a dad he is. Maybe he threatens the kids when you aren't around. :) Funny, in response to your response on my blog. I knew Joey first as well and ditto for having you pegged wrong. The Tanners definitely love the Fechters.

Anonymous said...

What a great tribute to your husband! Kendall is too funny, I probably wouldn't buy that either, I hate guns. I am glad your dad is here with you and is doing better. You are gonna have to call me about the game it is hard to explain but it is really fun and you can play with a lot of people, actually the more people the better. I have the same number as before!

Adam and Anya said...

The "shoot us with bullets" thing is just too funny. Yesterday I told Ella I was going to my grandmother's funeral and she said, "Yes, and we'll have to dig you up." Oh man, what would we do without these kids to brighten up our days!?

Lori said...

So WHAT did you guys really think each other would be like?

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

Joey is a good Daddy! I think he is ready to be a daddy again. :)

Hunnie said...

Does Tonya know something the rest of us don't know? Maybe even something you don't know? J/K Great tribute! On a side note, can Joey teach me how to shoot? I'm obviously going about this whole parenting thing the wrong way! :)