Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Our Little Akeelah


Dr Larabee: Where do you think big words come from?
Akeelah: People with big brains?

In case you hadn't heard, Hannah won the spelling bee at her school back in December, and then won the district spelling bee this month. She goes to the regional spelling bee next week. So she's had her 15 minutes of fame twice now, with her name up on the marquee. And no, someone didn't spray paint over her last name; I'm just a little freaked out about internet safety so I blurred it out (I'm loving my new Photoshop Elements). And I promise not to make every post a movie reference.

By the way, I paid her $5 to try and make it to the school spelling bee, because she told me she didn't want to do it. Great parenting skills, all that intrinsic motivation I'm trying to teach my children.

Hooray, Hannah! You rock!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hannah Banana, we're more proud of you and the wonderful young lady you've become every single day!

Good luck on the 7th, Katy Leigh and I will be there to cheer for you :)

We love you so much, Hannah!!!!

Grammy Fran (& Poppa Loren) xoxoxox

Unknown said...

She sounds pretty bright, just like her mom.
Personally, I never liked spelling bees.
-gordon

jd ray said...

Way to go ,Hannah! You just keep doing terrific things. Remember to study those words this week and you'll do great. Most of us have never had our name on a marque or had such fame! We can't wait to see you next round! Love, Grammy, Papa and Andrew

Anonymous said...

See you tomorrow!!! You'll do great!